Omar Salgado, PhD
- Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Webpage: http://www.omarsalgado.info/,
- Skype: omar..salgado,
- Linkedin: https://ch.linkedin.com/in/omarsalgado,
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/omarsalgado_
- Product Development, Technology Management, Business Development, Manufacturing Management.
- Consumer Products, Automotive, Software, Logistics, Technology-based Entrepreneurship, Education & Training
- Key skills and experience:
- Technology Road Map, Technology Valuation, Technology Assessment, Location Decisions, Strategies Make vs. Buy, Social Innovation, Entrepreneurship, Landing for Foreign Subsidiaries.
- Doctorate (PhD): International Manufacturing, University of Cambridge, UK. (October 2003 – July 2007) http://www.cam.ac.uk/
- Master (MSc): Manufacturing Systems, University of Nottingham, UK. (September 1999 – December 2000) http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/
- Bachelor (BSc): Industrial Engineering, Universidad de las Americas, Puebla, MEX. (January 1989 – May 1994) http://www.udlap.mx/
- Certification (SAP): Module on Planning, R/3 System, SAP Canada Inc. (Enero 1999) http://www.sap.com/canada/index.html
- Certification (WMS): Module WMS, Retek System, RETEK USA (May 2003).
- Spanish (Mother tongue) 100%
- English 100%
- October 2011 to now
- Asimila Labs (http://www.asimila.org/), Position: Director
Projects about product development:
- Identifying and evaluating intangibles, Client: Cemex Research Group (Switzeland).
- Roadmap to market for technology based products & services, Client: Telefónica México (Wayra).
- Roadmap for adaptation of Mexican executives to operations in China, Client: Volkswagen de México.
- AWRScreen: Contextual advertisement system in supermarkets (http://goo.gl/5Gais0). Client: AWR Ideas
- Torneo de Ideas: web platform for crowdsourcing (http://goo.gl/CWsQaT). Client: Torneo de Ideas.
- Cubo Financiero: web platform for crowdfunding (http://goo.gl/blQAmL). Client: Cubo Financiero.
- EmoSpeech: software to analyze emotions in phone calls (http://goo.gl/FcSwAZ). Client: EmoSpeech
- June up to September 2015
- ETH – Zurich (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich, https://www.ethz.ch/), Position: Visiting Scholar, Project: Technology Valuation & Prediction of Market value. Reaches: Methodology & Software
- January to June 2015
- Quinnipiac University (http://www.quinnipiac.edu/), Position: Lecture for International Business, Operations Strategy. Reaches: Course delivery for 200 students
- March 2009 to October 2014
- Tecnologico de Monterrey (http://egade.mx/), Position: Lecturer for International Business, Operations Strategy. Reaches: Course delivery for middle managers (30 to 45 years old).
- December 2006 – March 2009
- Cambridge Manufacturing Industry Links Ltd (http://www.ifm.eng.cam.ac.uk/services/overview/sme/), Position: Project Engineer (Internship during PhD), Reaches: Software Development for Project management & Product design.
- June 2002 – October 2003
- FEMSA Monterrey, N.L. MEXICO. (http://www.femsa.com/en/), Position: Project Manager. Project: construction, equipping and commissioning of a Distribution Center. Reaches: Location selection & distribution center planning.
- Nov ‘2000 up to Jan 2002
- VW de Mexico (http://www.vw.com.mx/), Position: Project Engineer. Project: Logistic, Re-engineering, Optimization and Supply Chain Strategies. Reaches: Kanban Electronic Replenishment, JIT Delivery.
- Nov ’97 – Sep ’99
- GBA Consulting Co. Monterrey NL. MEXICO (http://www.cetconsultores.com/), Position: Manufacturing Consultant.
- SAP R/3 implementation. Client: Grupo Industrial Cierres Ideal de México. Reaches: Decrease the costing work and increase the assurance of floor control.
- Inbound & Outbound Logistics Re-engineering. Client: Grupo Industrial IUSA. Reaches: Increasing the production fulfilment rate from 38 % in August ’98 to 68 % in Nov ‘98
- PIU Eichenauer, SRL y CV (Mex-German Heating element Industry) Puebla, Pue. MEXICO (http://www.eichenauerusa.com/), Position: Production chief. Reaches: Reduced 50% of rejected elements & increment in the production fulfilment rate.
- Plasticolores, SA de CV (Plastic Injection Industry, http://www.plasticolores.com/), Position: Project Engineer. Reaches: Reduction from three shifts to one in the pigmentation activity via work sampling.
- Mexican National Technology and innovation Prize – Counselor http://www.fpnt.org.mx/
- Academy of International Business – Member http://aib.msu.edu/
- Institute for Manufacturing – Fellow http://www.ifm.eng.cam.ac.uk/
- Goralski, Margaret; Salgado, Omar. (2014) Impacts of Country of Origin on the Perception of Host Country Nationals: Quality and Managerial Skills of Expats. Journal of International Business Disciplines. Vol. 9, No. 1, May 2014. pp.27-48 http://goo.gl/mRFfFP
- Salgado, Omar: Ramirez-Sanchez, Carlos; Banks, Jerry, Shi, Yongjiang; Zhang, Helen. (2013). Intercultural skills for an effective teamwork in China: The Mexican experience. Journal of Management Policy & Practice, volume 14 (5), 2013 http://goo.gl/6UGlja
- Salgado, Omar; Shi, Yongjiang; Banks, Jerry. (2012). Emerging capabilities in manufacturing companies: taxonomy of multinationals’ transformation. International Journal of Business and Globalization, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp.275–310. http://goo.gl/XuW1Dl
- Salgado, Omar. (2011). Barriers to the accomplishment of a subsidiary’s strategic role: How Location and Corporate Networks Influence Subsidiary Performance, Revista de Administração Contemporânea, ANPAD, Vol. 15 (2), pp. 261-282. http://goo.gl/LBi5j4
- Salgado, Omar. (2008). “Emerging Capabilities in Manufacturing Companies: A new Taxonomy of Company’s Transformations”. VDM Verlag Dr. Muller Aktiengesellschaft & Co. KG, 2008. ISBN-13: 978-363906855. http://goo.gl/DeMx5X
- Salgado Ramírez, Omar. (2012). Technology Roadmap (tr), Computer programs. Registration number: 03-2012-121013342200-01, Mexico City, 19th December, 2012. http://goo.gl/bo3Wf2
- Salgado Ramírez, Omar; Banks, Jerry; Mukherjee, Deepanjan; Lozano Gonzalez, Jonathan Israel. (2013). Assessment (pa), Computer programs. Registration number: 03-2013-112513155800-01, Mexico City, 3rd December, 2013. http://goo.gl/ElZCa6